Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Survivor: South Pacific

PhilG   

Does anyone know when they filmed (or are filming) this season? Trying to figure out which 2 players they're bringing back, but if the season that just ended hadn't aired before they filmed this one, I can't see them bringing back Phillip--no one would know who he is.

My money is still on Coach beiong one of them...maybe Jane?

ff174   

This article states that the island where they are holding Survivor 24 has a hotel booked for 4 months, from May 24 to Sept. 19. So, if it takes 1 month to set up, that would put the beginning of shooting sometime in the middle of June.

PhilG   

Hmmm...then maybe it is Phillip. Lord knows Probst loves him.....

knewb   

I have a feeling OGG-loving Matt may be one of them. He got a lot of votes for Fan Fave and he's a competition machine.

ff174   

Here's a link to an article that takes a pretty solid guess as to whom the returning players will be next season.

Obviously spoilery if you don't want to know.

My reaction?

Bleh. I got tired of

Coach

after his second try, and I was never a fan of

Ozzy

PS - That is a weirdly styled spoiler function.

Edited by ff174

Shannon   

Ugh

Just because people are freaks, doesn't mean they are entertaining and I'm sick of bringing people back, find some newbies. After last season of Let's Give Rob the Money, I think I'm sick of Survivor. And what, didn't anyone else in Rob's family need a million too? What a phony and boring season it was last time, this sounds just as bad if I have watch that ridiculous loser Coach again.

MrsGryn   

Ooo, I kind of like the spoiler thing! MUCH easier than highlighting some text.

angelmi   

ET just showed the new cast of Survivor and announced another 2 past players will be back and asks IF RUSSELL will be back to try again. Please NO!!!

uaintjak   

Russell won't be back. His nephew is playing this time around.

The two returning players are Ozzy and Coach.

Tsylyst   

From the CBS press release:

CBS today announced 16 of 18 castaways who will compete against each other on SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC, when the Emmy Award-winning series returns for its 23rd season with a special 90-minute edition, Wednesday, Sept. 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Two of the 18 castaways, to be revealed later this week, are former castaways who will return to seek redemption.

The 18 castaways will be divided into two Tribes of nine: the Savaii Tribe and the Upolu Tribe, named after the two islands of Samoa. The tribes are comprised of individuals from all

different backgrounds with the same ultimate goal: to be the Sole Survivor. While 16 of the contestants are new to the competition, two are former castaways who will be given another chance to compete for the million dollar prize.

The “Redemption Island” twist returns in SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC in which castaways who have been eliminated from the game will have an opportunity to return for a chance to win the million dollar prize. Each week at Tribal Council, when a castaway is voted off, they will be sent to live alone on Redemption Island and, in order to stay in the game, will need to compete in a duel against the next person eliminated at Tribal Council. The winner of each duel earns the right to continue fighting for an opportunity to return to the game and the chance to compete for the title of Sole Survivor; and the loser is sent home.

chrysana   

I'm so not excited at the prospect of two former castaways coming back. Last seasons of "push Rob to the finals" and this season of BB and the stupid Vet twist is really leaving a bad taste in my mouth. The castaways wouldn't have seen Rob/Russel's season would they?

Whhhyyyyyy????

I'm sure a couple jillion people want to be on the show. Why do they continue to bring back previous players into a group of newbies. :(

angelmi   

Russell won't be back. His nephew is playing this time around.

The two returning players are Ozzy and Coach.

Oh man I do not know what could be worst COACH! I hated him twice before. that sucks too.

Radio just said this is going to be a great season with the models and football players. We will see but I can't stomach Coach again.

Edited by angelmi

tlh9   

Actually, Coach was one of those ones I "loved to hate". He's so ridiculous he makes me laugh. I know there'd been some talk of bringing him back, and at the time there was someone in particular I'd have loved to see him paired with. Wish I could remember who! But it wasn't Ozzy.