Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

The Amazing Race Analysis and Discussion

spartini   

I was REALLY distracted last night, but I must agree with tooletta, one word: BUNNIES! I wish more of them had picked the bunnies, the butter churning was good for a split-second dirty-minded girl (ahem, myself) but it was all about the bunnies. Seriously, I've never squeed so hard before in my life.

PhilG   

I couldn't understand why they all thought the churning would be quicker/easier than the rabbit run....

Tsylyst   

Given the history of working with animals on TAR and how temperamental they often are, I can see some reluctance to choose that task.

tooletta   

I admit to laughing my ass off during the first butter montage with Ernie and Sprinkles. The final shot of her with the stupid grin while clutching the buttery pole was freaking genius. That was some hilarious editing. Overg was so curious about what was making me laugh so hard, he came in to see what was going on. Not long after that, I had to explain all the squeeing.

I think I'm going to go rewatch it now.

tooletta   

I am enjoying this season more than any I can remember in a long time.

I could have done without seeing everyone in their body building gear, but Phil's pose made it all worthwhile.

eta:

The saddest sounding band since the Titanic sank.

Awesome.

Edited by tooletta

RCToros   

I'm enjoying it too, toolie. I like that no one is really dominating the race, which makes it more interesting.

I find it most enjoyable when Kathi doesn't condescend talk.

ff174   

The most horrible rumor possible is starting to pollute the internet.

It seems very possible that fucking Rachel and Brendan will be on TAR 20.

I seriously may not watch, which would be the first time in 20 iterations of the show.

michal   

ff that was a horrible thing to say! Of course their meltdowns just might be entertaining! We've never gotten to see them in a high-stress minimal-sleep show!

spartini   

Even if they did end up on the show they wouldn't have time for her to mount him, I mean, she might do it but they wouldn't air it right? TAR has higher standards than BB yes? I need assurance because I've seen enough of that to last me 3 or 4 reincarnations.

chrysana   

I have to believe that, even if the rumours are true, they won't last that long. They don't work together that well, on BB they always did better once one of them had been kicked out of the house. The stress, combined with lack of sleep, would cause bickering and then they'd need to take time to make-up (hopefully not on screen, ICK). Brandon would be condesending to the other teams, so they'd get no help. Of course they'd blame that on the fact that every other team was jealous of her and her man. I think the meltdowns would be hilarious. So, as long as we don't see too much of the lovey-dovey crap, and only see them making fools of themselves, I'm good to have them on AR.

I like this season. It could be anyone's game, although the snowboarders are doing great. Cars, for a prize, cars? WOW!

Edited by chrysana

PhilG   

When they were doing the road test Roadblock I turned to my wife and said "bet the winners of this leg get Mustangs..."

gforce   

That episode was probably the longest Ford commercial ever. Well, maybe after any given episode of AI.

ff174   

And you just know that the first two minutes of next week's show will be a clip of the Snowboarders on-line, personally configuring their Mustangs

angelmi   

Great Recaps Mrs G. I can't believe how fast this season went, already to the end this week. I was sad for the snowboarders. Don't care about the last 3.

tooletta   

Says a lot about this season that no one has posted anything about the finale.

I enjoyed most of this season, but ended up fast-forwarding through most of last night's show.