Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Boston Rob

MrsGryn   
Rob

Rob Mariano (35)

Current Residence: Pensacola, Fla.

Previous Seasons: "Survivor: Marquesas," "Survivor: All-Stars" and "Survivor: Heroes Vs. Villains"

Rob Mariano, more commonly know as "Boston" Rob, returns to SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND with one goal in mind: to win. "It's like I have been climbing this mountain for almost ten years now, and I'm not gonna quit until I get to the top." One of Rob's most defining characteristics is his determination. In 2000, he woke up the day of the Boston Marathon and decided to run it as an unofficial entry with absolutely no training and finished.

After growing up in Boston and graduating from Boston University, Rob met his wife, fellow castaway Amber Brkich, during "Survivor: All-Stars" and proposed to her during the live finale. Rob and Amber are happily married and living in Pensacola, Florida with their two daughters, Lucia Rose and Carina Rose.

Why will SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND be different? "I feel like I have done my best every time I played and I have always done what I said I was gonna do. I mean, I played this game three times. A lot has gone wrong every time. IÂ’m hoping that this time I can make something go right."

Biography courtesy of CBS.com

Daisylou   

Just like when I first met my husband, I thought he was a complete asshole. Then he grew on me. Now I love them both!

I really hope he crushes Russell.

angelmi   

Me too, Russell needs to go early and I want Rob to win this time. Cute they named both their daughter's middle names Rose, wonder if it is a mom's name.

Shannon   

Thank goodness Z, I was beginning to think I was the only one who doesn't see the appeal of Boston Rob.

ff174   

Like him or not (and I am in the category of "like"), the guy has some serious game. He quickly smelled a rat in the name of Francesca and her idol hunting ways.

MrsGryn   

I've come around on Boston Rahb, but then I think he has matured since his days on Marquesas. I'd like to see him stick around for awhile, if only to counteract Kristina and her annoying parranoying.

Shannon   

I still find him boring, I hope silly Francesca comes back just to annoy him.

From the Matt thread:

Rob wanted to split up Matt from his ally (whose name I forget). It was gonna be the girl, but Matt pissed him off. People forget that when they had Heroes vs Villains, Rob was on the Villains team--this is not a

"nice guy" when it comes to these reality games. Cross him and he sets his crosshairs on you.

I see that as a wasted play, they are both so lily white they couldn't have crossed Rob for real until way into the game, he had them both in his pocket but went off on a little thing like high school hand shaking after a game. He should have not let his ego get in the way. Just my opinion, but I see it as a dumb move, a wasted move and he should be keeping his eye on Kristina and Philllllip, since I think they would both do him in in a second.

Edited by tooletta
Fixed.

uaintjak   

I am not a Rob fan at all, especially his 2nd and 3rd installments. He's been sort of tolerable so-far though, which gave me hope. The minute I heard him say "Ambuh" though, I went and drove a red-hot needle into my ear and the hate returned full force.

rappy   

I'm in the like camp. Even though he's arrogant I find him funny and kind of charming. And all that aside, there is nothing that he misses. He is playing absolutely everyone and not one of them is aware of it. I actually hope he wins.

uaintjak   

Yeah, I have to admit, I liked him this last episode. What's the world coming to?

chrysana   

I like Rob and always have. He understands that Survivor is also a social game, not just manipulate yourself to the end game. I am so happy that finally, someone, is keeping their immunity idol a secret. What is up with sharing that you have one? Not only is he keeping it a secret, but he managed to get a clue from under Phillip's ass without Phillip's knowledge (of course I get Phillip is a baffoon so that may not have been that hard). Rob also managed to get the second clue AND switch it with the first clue without arosing suspicion. Rob is here to play!

angelmi   

I agree Rob knows this game and I am so happy he is keeping the idol a secret and not sharing, loved him going to find it while the others were playing on the beach, and loved him giving the other guy the first clue.

I love his accent, and hope he wins this season. Got to make home life so much better since Amber won one that he gets one too, not that the money would not help with 2 new babies.

karolm   

I have never missed an episode of Survivor. I do have perfect attendance.

I was never a Rob fan. Til this season. I am impressed. I think he is playing

a great game.

I don't really think he has a chance to win though.

I think at the merge they all will be trying to vote out Rob. Too much of a threat.

And rightfully true.