Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Ralph

MrsGryn   
Ralph

Name (Age): Ralph Kiser (44)

Tribe Designation: Zapatera

Current Residence: Lebanon, Va.

Personal Claim to Fame: Being completely debt-free at age 44. No vehicle payments, no mortgage payments, plus I own two homes on the same farm.

Inspiration in Life: I'm inspired by my farm; I've been at it all my life. I'm always amazed at my animals - how they grow and survive. Being able to watch the circle of life go 'round and be a part of it is a very satisfying adventure that I never get tired of.

Hobbies: Hunting, hiking and traveling.

Pet Peeves: People who are lazy and donÂ’t try to make anything of themselves.

3 Words to Describe You: Determined, strong-willed and stubborn

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I'm probably a combo of Big Tom and J.T.

Reason for being on SURVIVOR: I've wanted to be on the show for years and knew one day I'd get my chance. I want to be a hometown hero for the folks back home!

Why you think you'll "Survive" SURVIVOR: I'm an outdoors mountain man. I know plants, trees and what most of their uses are. I can also build anything; start a fire anywhere and make people believe anything I say!

Why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: I will be the king at camp because I can build shelter, cook, find food and be the leader.

Biography courtesy of CBS.com

spartini   

But the question remains, is he as charming as Big Tom? I'll reserve judgment for now...I want to like him, which I find terrifying!

Shannon   

I want to like him too. Two houses on the same land is nothing unusual, many times the spread is wide and the houses may not even be close to each other. Sometimes a new home is built next to the old one and two or more generations have lived in them, all working the farmland. Sometimes they rent out the older home and build a new one to live in. It's really no different than building homes next to each other in urban areas.

That beard is like a huge flashing glowing sign that says "I'm a weirdo, vote me out first". If he can survive early, he might be a counter-weight to all the sharks (Ralph, Russell, David, et. al.) in the game.

ff174   

I think I like him. I'm not sure because I couldn't understand half of what he was saying.

I hope he comes with subtitles.

Shannon   

Oh I like him! I can understand hick really well, in fact I sound a bit hickey myself. I am sad though that he's already on Russell's bad side, I want him to stay, I want him to beat the crap out of Russell by being useful and because it would be funny to watch Russell not rule. Unless he starts annoying me, I'm going to miss him when they vote him out.

~~~~~~~~~

Sigh, I think he's already cut off his own head after watching the second episode. Did he take the idol or did he leave it in that dead knothole for Russell to find? I bit off two nails on my right hand yelling at him to put the damn idol in his pocket! Then he confronts the bull, bad move Ralphie, bad move. I hope he has that idol and I hope he keeps his mouth shut about it and I hope he knows when to play it. Geese, I hate when they screw up so early in the game.

Edited by Shannon

I really want to say that he has it, yet I had the same reaction thinking I saw him put it back in the knothole. I'm fairly certain though he was holding it up later talking to the cameras about it. He might have just put the wrapping back in the hole. I'm not sure if that's a smart move either but I'm willing to bet unless he opens his mouth and tells people he found it no one is going to suspect he'd have it.

I really wish he hadn't said anything to Russell about the clue though. I would have been more content with letting Russell stomp around camp looking for it.

bhnole   

Bad move going after Russell early after doing a good job spreading dissent about him stealing the clue.

At least he was not stupid enough to go showing off the idol to his "allies".....yet. Still don't understand why people feel the need to show off the idol when no one suspects they have it.

uaintjak   

I bet if the local villagers herd sheep, and there's a reward challenge that lets you go visit them, this guy goes all out.

spartini   

I like Ralph, mansweater and all. Naturally now he'll do something incredibly stupid or get a big ol' swollen head and make me hate him, but for now I'm going to recline in the warm musky nest of mansweater until winter has passed.

rappy   

Ressell, Stiffinie.

Is that how you "sound it out" in hick? His spelling is atrocious, and he doesn't even have to contend with complicated names, like say, mine.

He didn't say more than a couple of words in the last episode.