Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

David

MrsGryn   
David

Name (Age): David Murphy (31)

Tribe Designation: Zapatera

Current Residence: West Hollywood, Calif.

Personal Claim to Fame: I'm very proud of what I've accomplished professionally. Thus far in my career, I've been able to work on a number of very interesting and challenging cases.

Inspiration in Life: I've actually looked up to a variety of people for different reasons at different points. I've learned a lot of life lessons.

Hobbies: Sports, hanging out with friends and watching TV/movies.

Pet Peeves: I can't stand stupid people. If we could criminalize stupidity, I think the world would be a better place.

3 Words to Describe You: Intelligent, thoughtful and sarcastic.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I'd like to think I'd be myself and be original.

Reason for being on SURVIVOR: This is a once in a lifetime experience.

Why you think you'll "survive" SURVIVOR: Nine times out of 10, when I walk into a room, I am the most intelligent person there. I'm here to win. I don't care about screwing someone over. I don't care about deceiving people and I don't care how I'm perceived at the end. I'm not going to have a static approach to this game.

Why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: In my eyes, I'm flawless. A significant part of my job is selling myself - making myself more appealing than my client. I do it because it's fun. I like the challenge. I like having the odds stacked against me and trying to find a way to win. This is a game; I didn't come to get second place.

Biography courtesy of CBS.com

Some ego on him. I can't wait to see the smartest guy in the room get his torch smuffed or snuffed. Whatevah....

Edited by kenyabirdy

Shannon   

He makes himself more appealing than his client? He's a lawyer, isn't he suppose to be making his client more appealing to jurors? I wouldn't hire him if I read that, and if I was juror I would care if the person's lawyer was the coolest guy in the room (cough) I'd be wondering about the defendant. This guy is a bonerhead.

As if Boston Rob and Russell weren't too much ego already. Points given for being a scumbag criminal defense attorney - a great real world skill set to succeed in Survivor.

ff174   

Voted "Most Likely To Get The Crap Beat Out Of Him" in high school ... maybe even Law School.

Edited by ff174

PhilG   

Ya gotta admit it's pretty messed up--first they tell him to throw the challenge so they can boot Russell, and then next time they lose they say "well we didn't pick you to do the puzzle because you choked last time."

MrsGryn   

The problem was he overreacted and by setting an "absolutely only me doing puzzles" he has set himself up to be odd man out. It'll be Dave and Steve vs Sarita, Ralph and Julie.

rappy   

David=Twat.

The only thing he's done successfully so far has been to throw that first competition. Even his attempts at manipulating to get Sarita out via Stephanie fell completely flat. I predict he'll be the next one out on that tribe. I think the rest of them would pick Sarita over him because even though there might be something wrong with her (which I haven't noticed yet), she's a bit less aggressive than him and seems to fit in with the crowd a bit better.

spartini   

I agree with you rappy, he sunk his own battleship with his desperate struggle to keep Stephanie. What an idiot, it does give me intense satisfaction that Ralph-I-need-to-be-hooked-on-phonics-Ralph will likely outlive him. You know how deeply that will burn David.

Shannon   

After this show his attorney stint should lose clients, he couldn't argue his way out of a parking ticket.

rappy   

Ok, surprised that he's still around and have learned that everything shown is the opposite of what will happen. He'll be hitting Rob up for an alliance as soon as they merge next week.