Luke and Margie

Tsylyst   

Margie Adams

Hometown: Colorado Springs, Colo.

Luke Adams

Hometown: Colorado Springs, Colo.

Relationship: Mother/Son

Previous Season/Result: Season 14/3rd Place

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": Margie and Luke entered the final challenge with a substantial lead, but quickly fell behind and finished in 3rd place.

ff174   

Could not agree more. He's a whiny little mommy's boy, and she's an enabler.

I am hoping for a quick exit.

Shannon   

Oh good gawd, I can't stand another season of these two acting like everyone owns them a disability-gets-by-for-free card. Hate them!

I was hoping to get through the rest of my life without the urge to punch a deaf guy in the throat. Not gonna happen now.

michal   

Proof positive - Luke is a crybaby & Margie is an enabler. I'd have told my son to suck it up & finish the task without bawling about 20 years ago. Seriously - I'm sure drinking tea was difficult, but crying over TEA??? I did think the Indian guys watching Luke were awesome, encouraging him & not laughing their butts off & looking like total jerks, unlike me who sat at home and laughed my butt off and did not show any empathy for him!

Who freaking cries that hard over drinking tea? If I was his mom I would have said - go pee if you have too, puke if you must, but keep drinking. It's just TEA. At least they are out of the race and I don't have to look at him wimp out again.

Shannon   

It bugs me that they act like Luke being deaf is some huge major obstacle in his life. I'm sure it has its problems but acting like doing TAR and being deaf was a huge thing seems odd. If he was blind, that would be a big hindrance, but having to use sign language with his mother who was always with him and could speak for him, I don't see that being nearly as big an obstacle as say the woman with dwarfism or Zeb with a mental disorder that makes a lot of things very hard for him. I'm not saying being deaf is nothing, I just don't think it's the big deal that whiny Luke makes it out to be, as far as competing in TAR.

I apologize if that insults anyone.

I can't say I will miss his whining whining crying sobbing, oh I can't do this Mommy! attitude, nor his mom's need to attack anyone daring to treat her son like anyone else. These two will live together for the rest of her life, while she babies him and he lets her.

ff174   

I really don't like either Luke or his Mom, mostly because of the way they acted during their season. He was entitled, she was an enabler. They both acted like the whole world negatively judged Luke because he was deaf. It was annoying, and so were they.

However, I did feel a little bit sorry for them, tonight. Their disappointment and frustration were a result of the race conditions, not because of their perception that the whole world was against them. I don't think that I would have reacted as Luke did, but after drinking a couple hundred cups of tea, coupled with the exhaustion that the Race brings, his reaction is understandable.

Still, they were my least favorite team left, and am not sad that they are gone.

michal   

I might have agreed had he bothered to change strategy. Eventually even the globetrotter took a platter of cups up to the judge guy to speed things up. I would understand the rolling hay bales, the eating fish, or other tasks, but tea? You could smell it & go by process of elimination. Not peach tea? Disregard all tea that smells peachy. But he just grabbed cups of tea & had a meltdown. I just don't think his mom has done much to help him cope in the real world. Even Zeb & the globetrotter didn't dissolve into tears and they were just as frustrated.

MrsGryn   

I don't like him one bit but I did feel for his frustration and exhaustion during the task. And I particularly liked the Indians who clapped for him and encouraged him, then picked him up from joy after he completed the task. But boy am I glad he and his mother are out of it now.

ff174   

I think the Indians clapped for him because they were happy that they finally got to go home.

Tsylyst   

Seriously...it was drinking fraking TEA, not slurping on stale urine. Frustrating? Perhaps. But it was a two-step process that could have been done very quickly: Drink and run a cup up, then repeat. Instead, he trudged around.

I'm inclined to think that if he hadn't spent all that time pouting, crying, and laying on the floor wallowing in his own self pity they might have actually had a fighting chance.