Highwaygirl

Test Thread

Let us figure out the COLOR command, shall we?

First I type some text.

Then I highlight some text and select a COLOR from the dropdown menu.

Then I add my reply. Did it work?

ETA: Yes it did. Shady, how are you trying to do the color command? I think you might have to highlight the text you want colored and THEN select the color from the menu.

This time I selected a color and then typed text, and now I will click the Close All Tags link.

ETAA: I have no idea why it isn't working for you. I'm using "Normal Mode".

Does this qualify as Post No. 2 so I can get a special note under my user name?

Yep! You should have the option at the top of your profile screen. To access that, click on My Controls at the top of the page (under the Fisty banner and the icons for Help and Search) and then select Edit Profile Info under Personal Profile on the left nav.

HWG

First I type some text.

OK, first I type some text, now I will highlight it and see what happens.

NOthing. I highlight it, and as soon as I click on color, my highlight goes away. I will try copy and paste.now I will highlight it now I will it [color=purple

highlight

*throws keyboard in frustration*

:angry:

Oh, and I don't want to be a hamster, I really want to be BitterNak again, but I tried signature, but that put it at the bottom of the page.

And like scorp I wonder if I have been bad. Not that that is out of the realm of possibility or anything, just wondering....

I think I will just go back to bed.

Edited by shadylady98926

scorp451   

The warn settings are just for admins, in case you're being BAD.

OMG I thought it said "WARM" not 'Warn'..... *blush*

Ok, now that I know what it is, er....how come everyone doesn't have one? Have I been...um....bad and not known it? *gulp*

Edited by scorp451

scorp451   

Thanks for the help Highwaygirl,

So far, it's not too bad overall...

However, the biggest frustration I have is in trying to reply to a specific post and using a quote from it....I seem to end up getting a whole wack of posts within a post...like those Russian stacking dolls ...ha...

I suppose the best way is to cut and paste into a blank 'reply' post...

scorp451   
HWG
First I type some

Oh, and I don't want to be a hamster, I really want to be BitterNak again, but I tried signature, but that put it at the bottom of the page.

Go to My controls, then edit profile, then the first line should read: Custom members name -- you can lose the 'hamster' title and pick your own..

Edited by scorp451

scorp451   

Oh now I get it!

When I hit "Quote" I got a blank screen and typed in my comments.... When I posted it it included the entire other post and it was a jumble of overlapping quotes and comments......messy....

I should have just scrolled down to the box which says "You may edit the post you are quoting here" and. you know, just edited the post...... Duh

....getting better

Go to My controls, then edit profile, then the first line should read: Custom members name -- you can lose the 'hamster' title and pick your own..

Thanks scorp I sent you a test email by the way. let's try something else. This is definitely not easy for me. OK, the color thing can work, just not very easily. I cannot highlight and have it work.

But,, I can deal with that.

Maybe I haven't posted enough to get past the warning level. NOt to be confused with warming I really would like to type sith and have it be green. Always. That would be cool, but I am not deluded. not deluded!

So, after I insert a html, that has an open tag, I guess I close tags. On the color one, the only way I can do it, is to click on a color, type, then click close tags. At this rate, I will be able to do one post an hour. I had better learn faster!

Edited by shadylady98926

scorp451   

Shady I got your email, thanks....so that works....

Testing the html tags and stuff....

sith are creepy.

DYKWIS?!

Edited by scorp451

Sophy   

Y'all got me curious about color so I shall try now:

Janey is wearing her lucky purple today.

Okay finally got it - had to use "close all tags" tho - the highlight with color didn't work for some reason. *waves at Shady*

Edited by Sophy

Thanks Sophy! At least I am not the only one that can't highlight and color. I am still the only one that has a warning....... uh, bar. Maybe I just haven't posted yet enough.

Here goes another color test.

SITH are EVIL :angry:

scorp451   

Shady

I am still the only one that has a warning....... uh, bar.  Maybe I just haven't posted yet enough.

Shady I think that maybe, just maybe, the warning bar is something that only each of us sees? IOW, we only see our own? I still have the warning bar and, other than this tingly guilty feeling (a Catholic thing I guess ..ha), I've done nothing wrong......er....that I know of....

hee

Sophy   
I am still the only one that has a warning....... uh, bar.

Testing quotes now - did it work?

I have a warning ...... uh, bar too. I think Scorp is right - we all just see our own.

Shady, did you get color to work with highlighting, or still have to close tags. It just worked for me, for some reason - just highlighting it this time. Dunno why.