Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Survivor 22 - Redemption Island

rappy   

I was really pleased with how this episode turned out. Stephanie got to eat some serious humble pie, Julie's smiles and vacillations were well edited and Russell learned that it won't always go his way. That said, I'm fairly certain he'll beat Matt at the next duel.

tooletta   

Don't know how I missed Cycle Rob's recap last week, but I just finished reading it. Could it Bee any more awesome? I love getting a CR fix during the cold months.

tismissella~ I couldn't believe how quickly your recap was up. I thought it was just going to be a weecap, but girl got all the detail. Sorry about the whole armpit thing. I said to myself last night that I'd never be able to unsee that, as well. Glad I'm in good company, at least.

karolm   

The problem with Redemption Island is that it takes up a bit of time.

This week was really the first time we have heard some people talk. We

haven't really heard much from many of the members.

MrsGryn   

*dances with joy at Russell the Armpit's current demise*

On the other hand, as someone pointed out to me (waves at Zgeist), Russell still has a chance. So once someone beats him on Redemption Island and he is well and truly out of the game - and it looks like he's really cooked his own goose with Burnett by releasing spoilers to websites - I'll never have to put up with is pus-y pits again.

Speaking of which, who the hell shaves their armpits before doing something like this? It's gonna itch like a motherfucker when it grows back in and it's not like there will be easy access to baby powder.

In the end, though, I totally agree with michal's point that you never throw an immunity challenge. It just doesn't work out in the long run and it's a chickenshit move.

Sophy   

While I do the happy dance with MrsG, I can't help but wonder why the hell he shaved his armpits in the first place? Did he decide to start manscaping between seasons? Because frankly, in the past, he never stuck me as someone concerned with any sort of basic hygiene, let alone hair removal. So that had me flummoxed. And sickened, of course.

Russell-be-gone!

Edited by Sophy

Shannon   

As I said in the Russell thread, I hope he just stays gone, I'm tired of him. They all know his moves now, and that stupid girl hanging onto him is making me sick. He was good to watch and love to hate for two season, I'm ready for all things Russell to move on.

I'm not sure about Matt, I hope he beats Russell, even though he didn't impress me before. I was so sure Fran had him beat, that was a nail biter. I'm kind of hoping Matt and his girlie take on some snob-Rob and they kick his ass out, then we can have a real survivor and get rid of the old tired, can't-win-anyway players.

Who was the gray-headed ex-football player? I hadn't noticed him much anymore, he seems like he might be a gamer. I think Ralph is shooting his own foot with his cocky dumb hick act, darn it, I was going to support him. Not sure what's up with Julie, but I just might like her.

Did I miss Jeff asking if anyone wanted to use the Idol at tribal? It was like they voted and he went right to reading. Not that Ralph would have used it, but was he given the chance?

ff174   

What is it with these fucking idols? Do they carry some virus that makes whomever finds it stoopid? I can't remember the last time somebody found one of those things and didn't go blabbing it to everyone.

Ten bucks Rob doesn't tell a soul.

I'm sick of hidden idols. I wish they'd get rid of the entire concept.

What I also don't understand is why as soon as these idiots get their hands on one they feel the need to show everyone. Having an immunity idol doesn't automatically grand you power in the game. You're only in control if you know how to use it. Which means you sit down shut up put an ear to the ground and play it at the right time. Running off and show it to everyone will only put a target on your back. Nobody playing to win would want someone else to have an idol! Showing it to everyone and their mom just ensures that as soon as you're not around they're muttering ways to get you to play it.

Bottom line is showing people your idol just creates a target on your back that may not have been there before.

tooletta   

From the broadcast recap thread:

The End. Great show – LOVED IT! A delight to recap. Wait … what? There’s more? Oh crap I’ve got 40 more minutes to recrap!

Heee! Great job, Sophy!

PhilG   

So I guess until they shut down Redemption Island, there are no reward challenges--only the combined reward & immunity. I also guess we won't get the full opening credits.

Philip and Christina had no idea Russell was at Redemption--I would have been interested to see their reaction when they got there and found out.

So Rob's tribe has yet to win a challenge except for the one that was handed to them...

angelmi   

Great Recap Sophy, loving it as much as the show, and busted out with this: Rob’s dysfunctional bowels!

I am so happy to see Russell gone, It would have been great to see saggy pink undies gone too but next I hope.

Sophy   

Thanks Toolie and Angel.

Thankfully for everyone involved, Rob's bowels weren't really wonky!

Probst latest blog is up, including his sadness over Russell's departure.