Tsylyst

The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business

angelmi   

I tried to see the pictures of the wedding that FF174 posted but could not get in. TAR showed a second of the guy but don't remember him and his sister, but I guess if she is used to her daddy she will be prepared for her new husband, thanks Maisie!

angelmi   

Great show last night, even though I hate non elimation shows. It was so close for Gary and his daughter. When she was talking about going out on the 8th leg last time it was kind of foreshadowing. Still sick of the way the pinks talk to each other but seem like this show it was the girl that was talking so bad to Kent. I don't know what is going on with my cowboys taking the last flights too many times now but doing good getting caught back up.

PhilG   

The Cowpokes rock on physical challenges...it's when they're required to think that they run into trouble. Kinda like the Globies in that regard.

AVorlon   

Heh, I did think it was funny when Vyxen told Kent to start thinking rationally, and not all emotional like a girl. I think she was just throwing something back at him that she's heard before.

bhnole   

They need to rename this season into The Amazing Collaberation....never seen so many teams help each other so close to the end.

The helping thing is starting to get on my nerves a little. Especially the cut aways to the awkward interviewed explanation as to why they were all handing out the answers to one another.

I'm sure this "unfinished business" idea looked great on paper, but this idea has been creeping up towards the "family edition" in the boredom factor. The teams they picked for this are just all too nice/passive/forgettable that each leg starts to lack in entertainment value. I may end up giving that stupid family edition a bit more credit due to the fact that teams actually played against one another rather than with one another.

PhilG   

It wouldn't surprise me if future races imnpose some sort of a rule against giving away puzzle solutions and the like.

bhnole   

Vixen would still be wandering around Lichtenstein if she had not been handed the answer.

I hope the institute a rule on it. Teams working together or giving hints is nothing new but just outright giving away answers has been taken to whole new level.

I think after this particular season they should put in something to deal with the "helping."

What is baffling to me is the fact that no one questioned the answer being handed to them. I may just be paranoid but this late in the game I'd be worried that other teams giving out answers may be them attemtping to mess me up.

ff174   

I don't have a problem with teams helping each other. It's not against the rules, so what the hell. What I don't understand is why everyone feels that The Cowboys are such a threat. Their best attribute is their physical ability, which allows them to make up time from the back of the pack. They are usually at the back of the pack because they are directionally challenged.

If I were to pick someone with whom to not share information, it would be Zev and Justin. This was their fourth 1st place finish.

Speaking of Zev and Justin, Zev has only performed 3 Roadblocks, so he needs to even up the scorecard pretty quickly.

Edited by ff174

Maisie   

Zev and Justin, the Cowboys, and the Globes are all youngish male teams-- doesn't matter if they're labeled cowboys or asperbergers (or frat brothers or hippies or whatever else)-- they're a physical threat. At this point in the race, Gary/Mallory, Kent/Vyxyn, and the sistas should probably actively be working together to get the people they can't outrun, outlift, or outpower out. Their chances among themselves--all three teams' chances-- are far, far better than they would be against Z/J and the Globes.

It's not unfair for teams to work together as long as the race casts and designs tasks unfairly--and anything that relies on footspeed or strength and puts pairs of 20-something men and/or professional athlete men against civilians and women is, IMO, unfair from the start.

What bugged me is that the Cowboys were the only team really running their own race and they basically got punished for it. That just sucks.

ff174   

It all depends. I have seen racers interview that they wanted to run their own race, and not fraternize with the other racers. I think that the Beauty Queens used this strategy, and came off as standoffish from other racers. It could very well be that is the Cowboy's strategy.

Also, the teams no longer are allowed to mingle at the pitstops. I also seem to remember that, on at least two occasions, they took later forms of transportation that had them always trying to catch up. Meanwhile, the other teams were mostly on the same flights which may have allowed them to fraternize a little more.

ff174   

What a great night! First, Osama bin Laden gets his sorry ass killed, then the annoying Goths are Philiminated.

That means that I would be happy with any of the four remaining teams winning. I still prefer Gary/Mallory or the Globetrotters, but I would not be disappointed with any of the other two teams finishing on top.

I can watch the final knowing that I can just sit back and enjoy. I am rooting for Zev & not Zev, but I am ok with the any of the final four taking the win. That never happens.