Tsylyst

The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business

Tsylyst   

How come Team Goth had NO penalty for finishing last on the first leg?? Usually it is an automatic U-Turn penalty??

That's only true when it is a non-elimination leg and the teams have a pit stop rest period before starting out again. (This hasn't happened yet this season.)

Neither of the "still racing" pit stops this season have had extra tasks to perform because it's not the end of a leg, it's only the half-way point.

chrysana   

I much prefer the keep racing legs of the journey rather than the old non-elimination legs. I am suprised that the redheads came in last, happy but suprsied. I thought Team Goth was a goner for sure, especially since they had a penalty. Next week should be good, Luke has meltdown, and I love meltdowns.

ff174   

Hahaha, ff174, bitter much? (I'd put a smiley here but then I'd have to ban myself)

Sorry for you that you lost your redheads, but boy am *I* glad they are gone!

Meanie.

angelmi   

Great Job on the broadcast recap (so far) FF174; guess it is taking longer to cap the Red's losing it on the Dino! But I did not love being reminded of the Puss filled Zits under Evil Russell's pits. THE Crying was a thing of JOY, I can't delete the show from my DVR, I keep saying it is on CBS.com and I can go watch it anytime and Survivor will probably show us 10 more times by the finale.

Local Newspaper had an article in today's paper about the Okie Cowboys coming from 3rd to First this week because of the dino contest. I can't believe they beat Gary/Mallory who did not even do the contest, and beating MOM/Son who finished first. That Grandma did a great job. Son would have broke down trying to figure that one out, and looks like in previews he does next week.

Jet and Cord won $5000 each, last year they won 2 trips on the 4 legs they won, one was used as a honeymoon.

PhilG   

It turned out to be moot since they played it anyway, but had I been one of the first teams to reach the double U-turn I definitely would have played it on Gary and Mallory, to flush out the Express Pass.

Shannon   

I would like to ask that we all bow our heads in a moment of silence for the loss of FF's dyed gingerbreats.

PhilG   

Bowed heads is appropriate, since when they're on screen we tend to angle our heads down a bit anyway....

michal   

That pink elephant task was awesome! I'd have been ticked if my husband had wanted me to deliver books to a school. And which Globe Trotter was it that had pink paint all over his head! *L*

AVorlon   

Sadly, I think this seaon has become The Season of No Eye Candy and People We Didn’t Like in the First Place.

MrsGryn   

It's been an odd season, but I always did like the Cowboys and Gary & Mallory, so there are at least two teams to root for along the way. Most of my...well, not hated because I couldn't work up the hate for them...teams have fallen by the wayside. I'd not be happy if Margie & Luke or the Redheads were still in it, but with them gone I can relax a little and enjoy the journey. Process. Fairy tale. Oops, sorry, I was off in Bachelor Land for a minute.

Hahaha! This is my favorite line so far of FeedMeCoffee's recap:

Then he proceeds to use rude broken English to tell the Taxi driver: “You take us airport.” If he’s going to behave like that, shouldn’t he do it in France?

PhilG   

When I read "we're at DeafCrab 3" I almost choked on my Snapple...

ff174   

TAR's finale has been set for May 8th. It will be a two hour show.

By the way, there are location spoilers in the linked article.

Edited by ff174

angelmi   

GREAT JOB JerryE!! I was on the end of my seat during the finale race to the pit stop! To bad so sad for Ron and his daughter, happy weddng to you! I can't remember the guy she is marrying from another race. Did he do anytihng great?

Maisie   

The guy Christina's marrying mostly yelled at and tried to steamroller his sister in his TAR season, Angelmi. It was kind of like what we've seen of Ron and Christina.