Tsylyst

The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business

PhilG   

I don't really think they'll hit them with a penatly. It's not like they benifited from missing the flight. I think they only punish people when it wrongfully gives them a leg up on other teams.

On the one hand I agree they already suffered a penalty....but why would they keep beating it over our heads that that was a "mandatory" flight if there wasn't a penalty coming?

angelmi   

Great Job Mrs G, I always save my DVR from the TAR to rewatch after the recaps to see what I missed and you all caught.

MrsGryn   

Thanks, Angel!

Spartini, I have to agree with you. There is just something missing from most of these teams. I still like the Cowboys and Gary & Mallory, but the "Stop boring me!" quotient is pretty freaking high. At this point, I live for moments of Phil onscreen.

PhilG   

Problem is, they brought back "your favorite teams" from past seasons. No villains. No couples who are as likely to throw each other off that high wall than rapelle down it. Everyone is too---nice. In 4 weeks I think I've seen more teams significantly help each other than i saw the last 4 seasons combined.

Maybe they institute a mat penalty for helping...."Flight Time and Big Easy, you're the first team to arrive. However, you stopped the bus to let Ron and Cristina get on, so we're assessing you a 2 hour penalty. You can go and sit over there while you wait."

BTW, I didn't notice--in the "previously on Amazing race" did Phil go into that whole business with them finishing third and being dropped down? I was surprised we didn't see any commentary from them about it.

bhnole   

This might end soon with the double U-Turn the promos had.

Personally I would probably help at this point as well with Kent and Vixen AWOL on the flight emlimination is unlikely. No reason to make enemies and it might pay off in the future in a return favor.

U-Turn would be a good time to target a stronger team which hopefully someone will have the balls to do.

angelmi   

Yes I agree can't wait to see if these too nice teams turn another team, trouble with bringing back faves it is the nice ones.

ff174   

Over at TWOP, there is discussion as to a potential penalty for Kent/Kynt/Whatever and Vyxsin. In his intro for last week, Phil used the phrase "mandatory flight" for the trip to Li Jiang. Kent/Kynt/Whatever and Vyxsin missed that flight. Therefore, the speculation is that there will be a penalty.

I have never heard Phil use the term "mandtory flight" (or at least not that I remember), so why would he be so specific?

Thoughts?

Edited by ff174

chrysana   

I thought Phil used the phrase mandatory flight because of the lack of available flights and that seats had been saved for the racers. That's the way I understood it. Also, putting the teams on the same flight levels the playing field which makes the race a race.

PhilG   

Not only did Phil mention it, it appeared as a graphic twice--when the plane took off and again when it landed--and Justin mentioned to Kyntkent that it was mandatory when they were at the Roadblock.

I find it hard to believe all that would have been included in the edit after the fact if there were not consequences.

My question is--will there be no non-elimination legs this year, replaced by "to be continued" legs? If so, watch me stand and cheer--I hated NELs, especially with the usually pointless Speed Bumps that accompanied them (sit on a block of ice for 10 minutes etc).

knewb   

Me too, Angel, but I'm even more happy with the LOSERS tonight.

angelmi   

ME TOO Knewb so glad the red heads lost, the Globes were previewed to have trouble but so glad of the results! GO Cowboys!!

MrsGryn   

Hahaha, ff174, bitter much? (I'd put a smiley here but then I'd have to ban myself)

Sorry for you that you lost your redheads, but boy am *I* glad they are gone!

bhnole   

How come Team Goth had NO penalty for finishing last on the first leg?? Usually it is an automatic U-Turn penalty??

Can't remember if the Cowboys got one earlier this season but with the travel wait it kind of made the first leg irrelevent.

I don't think the Cowboys suffered a U-turn for being last that leg. You might be thinking Amanda and Kris getting a U-turn for finishing that planes in the field task last.

I'm betting the reason for the double U-turn that leg was to shake things up given the even ground people were put on because of travel wait.