Tsylyst

The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business

I don't think I would call this season 'All Stars' though. I mean it consists of a team who lost because one of the members couldn't wait until after checking in to pee.

Come to think of it though it felt like a lot of people we're playing nice and helping one another out with that task. You'd think that given this is a group of teams who got screwed out of a million dollars due to one false move they'd be a bit more cautious and self serving.

PhilG   

Looking at pictures of the starting line, I notice that the racers look to be starting in the desert. There are scads of windmills scattered about. My guess is that the starting line is somewhere near Palm Springs. That puts the racers about 100 miles east of LAX.

Nice job of spotting there...with skills like that you could have been a "former Federal Agent."

angelmi   

That is funny about the FORMER FBI Phil. Man my poor little Okies were so lost from the late plane to the stupid flags and transportation, the water comp under the sharks. Poor guys, I hope they come back next week stronger and do much better. Former beauty queen really kicked butt.

ff174   

I think they are doomed.

Kint/Kynt/Whatever and Vixen were the last to check in at the ersatz pit stop. As they took off, Phil said something to the effect that they were far behind. As I remember, when the cowboys were shown giving their version of the phrase, they were nowhere near the right answer; they were reciting the part of the clue that directed the racers to the location.

I seem to remember they had a tough time solving a clue in their last race. Puzzles just aren't their strong suit.

AVorlon   

Yeah, the Cowboys seem to be toast right now, but that’s pretty much thier own doing. For me, that puzzsle seemed like the easiest part of the leg, and if they can’t manage to figure it out, they are dumbasses who deserve to go.

I’m keeping an eye on the Asian guy and his daughter, to see if I can root for them.

MrsGryn   

I liked Ron and Christina before but they did have some issues with him treating her like a child. They are one of the few teams that I liked before, other than the cowboys (doomed!) and Gary & Mallory. *waves at Tsy*

Shannon   

Thank you copssister, your review of the opener was great. Now I need to wipe off the ice cream I spit on my monitor while laughing.

angelmi   

Great Job Tooletta, hope the storm passed way away. Loved the comeback Cowboys, and so hope the botox red heads have trouble next week. I could not decide who I wanted to lose worst last night Dad Ron or Uturn couple but I guess poor Uturn girl will have to spend the rest of their life together with the uturn #2 complaining guy forever.

AND Loved the MAGPIE reference!

Edited by angelmi

Tsylyst   

This is like "Amazing Race: Cheaters Edition." Can none of you figure out a damn clue on your own? Stop helping everyone else, you bunch of floaters! It's like none of them want to win, they just all want to stroll up to the finish line arm in arm -- "We'll split the money, Phil!"

ff174   
I think they are doomed.

I forgot about the ol' Hours of Operation conundrum.

The thing that surprised me the most was ALL of the teams' choice of detour options. It seemed brutally obvious, to me, that the spitting detour would take a lot less time than building a mosaic.

RCToros   

This is like "Amazing Race: Cheaters Edition." Can none of you figure out a damn clue on your own? Stop helping everyone else, you bunch of floaters!

Totally agree, Tsy.

Margie and Luke seem to be expecting everyone to just lay down so they can walk up to the finish line. Gawd, I still loathe them. Conversely, the Globetrotters seem to also be following the cheaters strategy but it doesn't bother me at all. Go figure.

AVorlon   

I've come to the conclusion that I don’t like any of them at all, so I’m cheering the fact that all but two of them will lose.

Edited by AVorlon

spartini   

I'm straying here a bit from everyone else, but I must express my complete love and adoration for those kangaroo costumes. They were silly, ridiculous, unflattering to everyone who wore one, in short, perfection. Those made me so damn giddy and the shoes? Oh the shoes, it was magnificent on every possible level. They need more animal costume challenges!